A Message About COVID-19
Psychiatric symptoms can start or become exacerbated during a public health crisis, heightening the need for treatment. Deep TMS is often prescribed for patients who are at significant risk if they remain ill, and this risk may be particularly increased during stressful times.
Since mental health is essential to the overall wellbeing of the person, our office remains open.
Our practice is continually monitoring CDC guidelines and will adjust precautions as necessary to ensure the safety of our patients. We are enforcing recommended ‘social distancing’ space for patients and staff throughout our office and waiting room while not receiving TMS treatments. Our new patient screening process is done by phone and under heightened precautions.
Cleaning & Disinfection
– Our BrainsWay system is being thoroughly disinfected between sessions, with special care paid to surfaces that come into direct contact with patients or operators, such as inner and outer surfaces of the helmet, touchscreen, cart handle, and the on/off button.
– All our employees are washing their hands regularly and using hand sanitizer before, during, and after patient contact.
– Common touchpoints, such as doorknobs and light switches, are being disinfected regularly.
– Additional deep cleanings of the clinic are also done to ensure maximum safety.
Patient Screening & Treatment
– Any patients who are experiencing symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath, or have recently been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 should notify us before coming in for their TMS treatment.
– Only one patient will be in the clinic at a time to limit potential contact.
– Our clinical staff requires that personal protective equipment (PPE) be worn by both the TMS operator and the patient.
– Patients and staff will have temperature checks that are logged daily upon entering the clinic.
– Patients will be notified in case of disruptions to appointments or treatment schedules due to clinic closures.
– We have posted the CDC’s flyers at our office entrance for additional guidance: Stop the Spread of Germs, Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019